Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ancient Runes assignment :)


Our assignment in Ancient Runes was to create a pair of slippers and add some runes to it. The runes on my slippers say 'Kat' ... there should be a second T, but I didn't want to put anything on the ribbing due to the fact that I am diabetic. I was concerned that the bumps created on the back by the embroidery work might rub against my skin. Yes, yarn is soft ... but the rubbing could become irritating. And since these are quite warm on my feet (I lined the sole with fake lambs wool fur), I really don't want to be irritated by anything on it.

The light on the scanner has, once again, bled out the color on my yarn. The colors are actually much deeper and, in my opinion, much prettier, than what shows here. I'll admit that pastels are colors .... but I much prefer saturated colors, jewel tones, etc. to wimpy pastels, with the possible exception of a color scheme for ice/snow/winter.

No comments: